Monday, 18 May 2009

Evolve



Dear Diary

Each day of my Poly life has been extremely fulfilling. I’ve started to accelerate my growth and maximize my time doing very meaningful things. Though it has been painful, limitless motivation has always prevailed over everything else.

It may sound bizarre (and somehow lame), but I have been carefully calculating the amount of experience I achieve each day. Yes, literally calculating using points. Just like a Pokémon, I too, level up. I evolve. I battle. But there is one exception – I do not take orders.

Have you ever felt something you desire so much that it obliterates every other petty wishes? I have. And working hard has never felt so good. I’d never thought I’d see the day when I’m training in martial arts and perfecting my skills in personal guidance of the captain himself.

It’s been weeks of training, and I have suffered quite a number of injuries already. Frequent cramps, lip bruises, cuts, and my skin must have peeled a billion times. I struggled to perfect my kicks but my mentor never gave up on me. His patience is admirable. And my comrades – my predecessors – are the source of my inspiration. I can’t let them down. I can’t let myself down. I have to be stronger. One day I will too, like them, pit my skills against other warriors in the arena and emerge victorious as a medallist.

For once in my life, I’m training to fight a TRUE battle.


Unfortunately, day after day, people continue to criticize or jeer at me. They say I would never make it. They said I was lying when I told them of my new passion. They told me they could easily crush my bones in a fight. They told me not to revise so much. They even said I’d never finish my food. They never believed in me. They just wouldn’t.

But day after day, I became more immune to the negativity of these despicable sheep. I see progress in myself. I know I've changed. I'm no more the emo, miserable, ass kissing clown I used to be.

There is no easy road on the path to greatness, and there is no telling what challenges lie ahead. Everyone must learn to take risks and must stand by their own principles and beliefs. Realize your strengths and use them to your advantage. Life will open up new paths and opportunities – if you just be patient and have faith in your own potential.

Put your heart and soul in everything you do.

No comments: